Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rogers

So... we have already cancelled our Rogers cable & Internet - about a year ago now.... but at that point, my phone contract had more than a year left on it, so I left that alone.

Now, though, my phone contract is running out...

Silly time to be screwing with me, Rogers!

I have twice called Rogers lately, trying to get a better price on the data plan for my Blackberry, since I am still paying an inordinate amount. I got the phone almost 3 years ago - at that point, they were charging silly prices for data. My kid has a Rogers blackberry now and is paying about a third of what I have been - so it seemed like they should be able to do something.

First call - NO. Absolutely not - you are locked in and can continue paying 3x what other people are paying just cuz you were dumb enough to sign with Rogers back then.

Second call - sure, I can help you with that - and I'll even give you a $5/month discount - just let me lock you in for another THREE YEARS!!!! Uh no - the previous call proved how dumb THAT would be, didn't it?

I OWN MY BLACKBERRY. OUTRIGHT. Less than a year ago, my original was lost in a boating accident - so insurance replaced it. I do not need a new phone - but to get a $5/month discount she wanted to lock me in for 3 more years?! I think NOT!

So today - I wanted to pay my bill - but I tried the wrong password for my online account first. Did you know you only get ONE shot at it? ONE - and then you are locked out for 24 hours.

Ludicrous.

So I hit the button for the online Live Support...waited 7+ minutes .... asked customer ~service~ rep to reset my password.

Went through their security sh*t and FAILED - because I am not the primary name on the account.

Except that - for the phone - I am, actually. It was set up in MY name... by ME... and I am the only one that has EVER had anything to do with it.

But hey - you don't want me to pay my bill? You don't want my account? I can fix that.

I told the customer ~service~ rep that I was not impressed - and that my husband, whose name WAS the primary on the CABLE account that we no longer have - was actually here .... but hey, if Rogers doesn't want my business, fine by me...

She offered to send another security form for me (him - because I'm not a valued customer, you see) to fill out and send over the internet.

Uh yeah... sure... I'm going to send - among other things - his Social Insurance Number and his Drivers License number and hey ...why don't I just give you my username and password for my bank accounts too.... If you're going to ~protect~ us by suggesting that we send those things over the net, might as well, eh?

Ludicrous! And SO not happening.

So - presumably when I don't pay my bill because they can't be bothered to allow me more than one attempt to login to my online account - they will eventually send me an overdue notice? Or maybe - once I have calmed down some, and done all the other things on my list of annoying tasks I need to do today - I will try calling and asking them how much they would like me to pay them.

So not worth the aggravation - I think I would rather sign up with another company altogether - even if I do have to start with a new phone - than to continue to deal with Rogers. At least then I can be the primary person - for real - on my very own account.

No comments:

Post a Comment